/* */ .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

without analysis there's no reason to play.

Friday, January 28, 2005

Brand Spanking New Internet Banking Interface

Last night, the long-awaited materials from HSBC arrived. It was a good feeling to know that my new accounts have finally come 'online'.

This morning, I drove the HSBC Internet banking and the HSBC Stockbroking Interfaces for the first time. I'm impressed. It's fast. It's red. What more can one say?

I guess one of the niftier aspects of the HSBC Interfaces is that they are closely linked together. One of the navigation options in the Internet banking interface - 'Total Wealth' - takes you to a wealth summary page displaying the value of all cash accounts and shareholdings. This means that no more digging around for a calculator is required. Furthermore, from the Web banking interface, HSBCs stockbroking services are just a click away.

The stockbroking interface was equally impressive. It had all the features that I've come to expect, such as market depth, charting, announcements and dividend information. But aside from this, it came in a neat package, with lots of pretty red buttons. It's very slick.

Interestingly, I've already memorised the 10-digit Personal Banking Number which HSBC uses as a username, but only while I'm at a computer and on the numberic keypad. It feels like I remember the way my fingers move across the keys rather than the number itself. Well, it's not strictly true that I need to be at a computer to remember the number. If I move my fingers in the same way as I type while I try to remember away from keyboard, it's not a problem.

I guess this means I'm a touchy-feely kind of person; I rely considerably on my tactile senses. *rolls eyes*

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice post. deutsche bank

4:10 am

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home