/* */ .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

without analysis there's no reason to play.

Monday, February 07, 2005

My Blog and I

Well, it's been about half a month since I started blogging, and so far I'm lovin' it*. I know. I've done tests. Blogging makes me happy.

It's not foolproof, but here's what I've found. I'm an amateur badminton and squash player. Due to my lack of training and competitive experience, my mood largely dictates how well I play.

When I'm feeling dejected, I'm quite apathetic about retreiving the ball/shuttle. If I try to pump myself up, things only get worse. I end up trying for unreasonable shots, which usually either don't make it, or are duly punished by my opponent. This leads to further anger and frustration. It's pretty ugly.

Well yesterday, it was nothing like that: It was beautiful. I was absolutely cane-arse at badminton. I had power in my smash, my clears to the back landed *on* the line, and I was willing to run all over the court. It was magic. So while this wouldn't even remotely qualify as an objective, quantifiable test - as I'm sure an engineer would tell you - I'd have to say that I'm feeling pretty damn good.

That being said, I think I landed on my ankle a tad awkwardly while playing yesterday. It's still hurting a little.

* Someone please tell me that McDonalds hasn't got IP rights over that phrase

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home