/* */ .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

without analysis there's no reason to play.

Monday, February 14, 2005

Valentine's Day

I've not been blogging much lately, and I think it's largely because of today. I've been feeling that peculiarly intoxicating mixture of anxiety and excitement that seems to make everything worthwhile. It's the same buzz I get just before exams; the same buzz I felt when I first started blogging; the same buzz I felt when I went to the pathologist's to get allergy tested: The buzz of adrenaline I feel from the uncertain and the unknown.

It's exactly this feeling that has drawn me to games of skill such as Chess and Go, and competitive games in general. I think that it's the pursuit of this feeling, which cannot easily be gotten from passive mass-consumption style media, that has largely lead to the "Pro-Am Revolution" (see www.demos.co.uk).

I'd blog more about it, but this nervousness is making it hard to string words together. And it's all because today is St. Valentine's Day.

[MT resumes his mass-consumption of ice-cold water]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home